Monday, 8 September 2014

Bohol photo diary


Bohol is such a wonderful island, with beautiful landscape and wildlife. You will find some unique animals here, like the tarsier monkey and a butterfly the size of a dinner plate (i only got to see the dead version of it). Bohol is probably most famous for the chocolate hills, during the dry season the grass turns brown hence the name. We stayed at Panglao Island, at  Lost horizon beach resort, where they had live music during the night..all around good vibes. There are a lot of snorkeling and diving spots all around the island where you can catch a glimpse of sea turtles, whale sharks and maybe even nemo. 

We arrived early ..really early, taking the super cat from cebu to bohol. So we decided to take the tour around the island while we waited to check into the resort.. Now I am not a fan of these organized tours, I like going off on my own and discovering things for myself, taking my time..not being rushed form one spot to another, just to snap a picture and leave... but hey there wasn't much else to do, so I went with it. 
The tour took us obviously to chocolate hills, to a butterfly habitat and tarsier conservation area...and to finish off  a floating restaurant.

We also went snorkeling, quick tip don't forget to reapply sunscreen after being in the water..seriously you have no idea how burnt I got.. I was literally pink! 
 Almost a month has gone and I'm still peeling. -.-

The tarsier monkey also know for being the smallest monkey in the world.  I remember the first time I saw one when I was 6, they were chained up on the side of a path so the tourist could see them, its good to see they've taking a step in the right direction and are focusing on taking care and preserving these little creatures.





















No comments:

Post a Comment